stricken lernen häkeln, wolle stricken, socken stricken, handarbeit, baby stricken, sockenwolle, strickanleitungen, häkelmuster, strickmuster

Crochet * Granny Square „Somalia“

17 340
Crochet * Granny Square "Somalia"
Crochet * Granny Square "Somalia"

We run a fundraising for Somalia during August – similar to the one for Japan initiated by Großmütterchen’s Blogspot. I modified the famous „African Flower“ granny from hexagon to square format. You are invited cordially to join!

For starters – please use cotton or cotton-mixture matching hook #3 mm. The granny squares should measure appr. 10-11 cm. We will give you more information on how to proceed shortly.

You might also like

Your email address will not be published.

17 Comments
  1. Barb says

Is there a written pattern?

Lila Antwort vom Dezember 2nd, 2017 21:22:

Dear @Barb,

we on nadelspiel do only have a written pattern in German. But if you look a few comments below. Krystle K made a translation and posted it in her blog.

Lila

2. kate says

hi beautiful square may i ask are you using us or uk crochet terms please

Lila Antwort vom Juli 27th, 2017 12:32:

Dear @kate,

we’re using U.S. therms for crochet.

Kind regards,
    Lila

3. Sean says

What a beautiful little square! I have been looking for an interesting square like this for ages. Lovely clear video too. What a lovely relaxing voice. Thank you :-)

4. Tamara Gribling says

Thank you, Krystle for writing the pattern out!

5. Krystle K. says

Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely adore this pattern and have found it extremely helpful! I created an English transcription from your video on my blog and wanted to make sure there was proper linkage to you as the original creator. Here is my transcription of your video: http://effwords.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/quilt-trip/

Thank you, Lila!
    -Krystle

6. Karen Tatman says

How do I get this pattern in English?
    Thank you.

Lila Antwort vom August 25th, 2013 19:25:

Dear @Karen Tatman,

in English there ist just the video tutorial. A written pattern is only in German available.

Greetings, Lila

7. Ana Maria Giordano says

Thank you so much for your explanation!! this is wonderful for so many things!

8. rachel forbes says

wow! not only a lovely pattern and for charity, but you can freely translate the pattern aswell. what a lady you are and thank you for the pattern and the reminder that charity work is just as much fun.

9. Meli says

Thank you so much for this lovely pattern, and the english translation! Beautiful. :)

10. Lisa says

Love this variation of granny square. will have to incorporate this on the afghan for my bed !

11. Jacqueline says

Bedankt voor het delen van dit patroontje.
    Ik heb een link geplaatst naar dit bericht.
    Groetjes Jacqueline

12. Nynke Stone says

Vielen Dank für das tutorial.

I liked the „somalia“ very much and with the video it is easy to make it. It is a wonderfull project.

I used the squares for a granny square bag (to be). If you like to see the result, I put it on my blog: http://nynkestone.blogspot.com/2011/10/wip-granny-square-bag.html.
    Here I also put a link to your post and pattern.

With kind regards,

Nynke Stone

Melanie J. Antwort vom April 24th, 2013 01:57:

@Nynke Stone, how did you get pattern in English? I am having trouble translating. Can you help me?

Thanks,

Melanie J.

Lila Antwort vom April 24th, 2013 09:31:

Dear @Melanie J.,

this video is in English.

Sincerely, Lila